Goal: To effectively reach and address the particular needs of key populations; Female Sex Workers (FSW), Men who have Sex with Men (MSM) and People Who Inject Drugs (PWIDs) tailored to reduce the HIV new infections among these group of population.
Package of services
- Biomedical component
- HIV Testing services
- STI screening and treatment
- TB Screening and treatment
- Care and treatment
- Family Planning
- Cervical cancer screening and treatment/referral
- Behavioural component
- Peer education and outreach
- Demonstration and distribution of condoms and lubes
- Risk assessment, risk reduction counselling and skills building
- Screening and treatment for drug and alcohol abuse
- Psychosocial support
- Structural component
- 100% condom use programming
- Empowerment to have alternative livelihood beyond sex work
Coverage: Key Population T3 Prevention Program targets Female Sex Workers (FSWs) and Men who have Sex with Men (MSM) and supports KPs friendly facilities known as DiCEs. The program began in 2010 and has established 6 DiCEs across the two counties; 2 in Homa Bay County each in Suba and Mbita sub-counties and 4 in Siaya County each in Asembo Bay, Bondo, Alego usonga and Ugunja sub-counties.
Aims: Aim 1: Equip 6,602 FSWs and 1,487 MSM with HIV knowledge, risk reduction skills and provide them with access to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services to help reduce the HIV prevalence among the group.
Population: Tuungane 3 Key Population intervention targets the three main typologies: Female Sex Workers, Men having Sex with Men and People who inject drugs.
Timeframe: IRDO Key Population program began in 2010 being funded on a renewable contract basis through CDC. The current grant financial year begun from October 2019 running through to September 2020.